Sunday, January 07, 2007

WOODTV.com & WOOD TV8 - Grand Rapids news and weather - The Mind as Medicine

It's good to see hospitals starting to use some of the relaxation techniques that have been common on complementary therapy for years.

As an aside, sometimes people ask me how I know that the relief people who visit me get is as a result of the therapy and isn't the placebo effect.

Firstly I've seen the techniques work on animals who probably don't know about the placebo effect.

However the main answer I have is that I don't care!
The thing that's important to me is that people regularly feel better after treatments, they have almost always have less pain and they always have less stress and I don't really care if that is the placebo effect.

They feel better without any dangerous side effects and that exactly what I want to achieve.