Sunday, February 11, 2007

Heavy Handbags Could Cause Back Pain - ABC News

This isn't news to me but may be to other people, I find that shoulder bags are the very worst culprits and are oftern implicated in severe shoulder pain in my female clients.

I myself was misdiagniosed with Carpel Tunnel in my right hand some years ago. I didn't believe that carpel tunnel was the cause of the numbness I was getting in my fingers and stopped using the heavy shoulder bag I'd carried on my left shoulder for years. It took several months but the problem eventually faded. MY suspitions were confirmed when I started carrying a laptop bag on my left shoulder and the numbness came back within a couple of weeks.

One of the interesting points of this litle story is that the numbness was in the opposite side from the shoulder I used to carry my bag.